Newbie requests assistance on alarm selection

I am considering a Honeywell/Ademco Vista 20 PI (non monitored to start.   I
intend to add some wireless features to it later.

My question is....  Is this a good system to use?  My homework seems to say
its satisfactory.  I will be installing it myself ( analytical enough with
electronics to pull it off with minimum help I think ).

Any of you experienced with systems that can give me any pros or cons would
be appreciated.