Re: Double Sided Tape

"Matt Ion" <soundy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:tUiCf.454304$ki.176069@xxxxxxxxxxx
> Mark Leuck wrote:
>> "Bob La Londe" <usenet@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
>>
>>>Ok, I admit it, I have tried it.  The thick heavy 3M stuff they sell at
>>
>> the
>>
>>>office supply store sucks.  However, the white foam stuff they sell for
>>>2/99¢ at the 99¢ Store rocks.  I actually used it the first time in a 99¢
>>>store.  I needed to mount a motion sensor on a steel pole just below the
>>>ceiling tile.  After breaking three drill bits I bought a roll of their
>>>sticky foam tape and slapped it on there.  That was five years ago, and
>>
>> its
>>
>>>still there.
>>>
>>>I also like it for temp mounting some devices in tight spaces to hold it
>>
>> in
>>
>>>place until I can shoot a screw in it.  I have yet to mount a panel with
>>
>> it
>>
>>>though.  LOL.
>>

>> "Temp mounting" eh? Yea thats how it starts...just ask Fowler
>
> From there it's a slippery slope to mounting stuff with duct tape...

WHATS WRONG WITH DUCT TAPE?  LOL.

>> "Temp mounting" eh? Yea thats how it starts...just ask Fowler

Actually I was referring to things like using the sticky tape to hold the
snap base for a wireless transmitter in the gap between a window blind and
the window so I can shoot a screw in it.  Not temp mounting like for a week.
LOL.  Some of the transmitters used to come with little pieces of sticky
tape.

--
Bob La Londe
http://www.YumaBassMan.com