Re: Need Advice For Packaged Home Alarm Purchase

I have NEVER seen one case where a monitoring rate increased with any
alarmco big or small. I know for fact that ADT, Brinks, and Monitronics
(to name a few) still have customers paying $20 per month. I have
serviced accounts for all 3 of these companies. Jim Rojas has more than
likely seen the same when he was doing service for these companies. I
can still recall one Monitronics customer paying $15 per month which
included warranty and cell backup.
This constant misinformation about rate increases is just another scare
tactic, and it's based on war stories from small dealers who look for
anything to bash a national with.
Look at the back of a local dealer's monitoring contract and nine times
out of ten they have the same clause. It's a clause dealing with cost
of living increases/inflation and it's never enforced. If alarm co's
attempted to enforce it they'd lose their clients at the end of the
original term, and with nationals they are looking for a retention rate
of around 8 years so rate increases on existing clients would be
suicide.