Re: Sentex Infinity Software

Manny R. wrote:
> Frank Olson <Use_the_email_links@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in
> L3ZAf.203903$tl.10225@pd7tw3no:">news:L3ZAf.203903$tl.10225@pd7tw3no:
>

> The software was not for me to begin, I called the gate company that
> installed all eight systems, and told them to sell the software to their
> customer, and they actually gave it to the management company, that manages
> those properties.
> The only reason that I got involved, was we do all the EMS,CCTV,Fire and
> Card Access for this properties. All they wanted was an easier way to enter
> their directories, the company that use to manage these buildings before
> took the PC that had the Tele Entry software.

I feel bad for your customer.  This still doesn't excuse anyone that's
offered (or provided) you with a "copy" of the software.  The fact that
you would condone such an action also speaks volumes.  The proper way to
proceed on this would have been to contact Sentex in Chatsworth, CA.,
explain your problem and the fact that you're now servicing the
equipment.  They would have been happy to sell you a copy of the
software.  The alternative would have been to contact Richardson
Electronics (which owns Burtek Systems in Canada) and purchase a disk
through there.  There are a number of Sentex Dealers in Vancouver
(myself included) that would have been happy to assist you.  In
hindsight, my response to your original post was perhaps a bit on the
unhelpful side, but if you had explained the situation a little better
to begin with I would have been happy to help you obtain a legitimate
copy of the software (I wouldn't have marked up the price over my cost
either).

As to the other poster making "noise" in this thread, I'd suggest you
Google his name in this Newsgroup before you listen to anything he says.
  Good luck with your project.  If I can be of any further assistance,
please don't hesitate to email me.

Frank