Re: New Home Security System Wiring

BIG NIGE wrote:
> JoeRaisin <joeraisin@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
>

>>BIG NIGE wrote:
>>
>>>I would expect that the cable in the corner is for a motion sensor
>>>
>>>I would have thought that the second cable would have been for a
>>>speaker/sounder
>>>
>>>funny no mention of cable for keypad !!!!!!!
>>
>>Not necessarily... We often lace our keypad wires and don't want them
>>stubbed out because we like to make sure our keypads are centered above
>>the light switches.
>>

> We tend to keep our alarm cables away from mains cables (as the cables to
> our switches normally run vertically up from the switch) that is the last
> place we would expect to find an alarm cable over here.

Alarm wires are run separated from 110V wires.  But when a Keypad is
lined up over the light switch it tends to blend in much better and is
more pleasing to the eye.

Sort of an issue with the guys I work with.  We try not to do ugly work...

Glass breaks can be lined up vertically or horizontally with door/window
frames.

Smokes in line with ceiling lights or centered between doors or some such.

First thing I was taught (after how everything works and is affected by
its environment) is that when folks pay 5 - 10 million dollars building
a home (for 2 weeks in the summer) they don't want things thrown up any
which old way... They tend to view everything as a decoration.

If I can find a location that is both functional and aesthetically
pleasing that's the spot.

Of course I use the same reasoning in a 50,000 dollar home as well.  Way
I figure it, if someone is paying money for me to put something in his
house - I'm not gonna do it in a way that would piss me off if it was
done to my home.

That said... a keypad stuck out on a wall all by its lonesome would be
an eyesore and piss me off. (I know, sometimes ya gotta... but those
occasions are rare.)