Re: [rant] Missing sock syndrome

Well that's just the thing... when I'm working, it's generally just
me... I load up my car for the week.. try to keep as much of a stock of
a little bit of everything as I can.  Some parts you can pick
specifically for a job - I'll have a good idea in advance how many
transformers, BNCs, etc. I'll need for a particular job - but other
stuff, like screws/bolts/washers/fasteners I need to just keep a good
varied supply around because I'm never sure what I'm going to run into
on a site.  And of course, I may receive a call at any time to skip the
rest of the day's assigments or even drop what I'm doing to make an
emergency service call, so again, I need to keep a wide assortment of
necessities on hand.

Crash Gordon wrote:
> Yah we do this too. Except when we're swamped...then it's grab everything
> you might need+ and run.
>

> "Robert L Bass" <sales@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
> |> As I say, problem with most of them is that they
> | > don't do much to "seal" the compartments when
> | > they're closed, and they tend to roll over easily.
> |
> | When I was still installing I used to make up a "job box" for
> | each installation.  Included were all of the components except
> | cable.  I'd place all the contacts plus several spares in
> | resealable plastic bags.  Before the guys would start a new job
> | they would stop at the office and pick up the job box, a printed
> | copy of the "Schedule of Protection" from the contract and any
> | notes I'd made about the project.
> |
> | When the job was finished they'd return the job box with any
> | unused components and pick up the next one.  The boxes were just
> | large, cardboard boxes we'd occasionally get from distributors.
> |
> | Each technician also carried a kit with a few extra of each type
> | of contacts we used, a couple of extra motion detectors and one
> | of each model Napco keypad plus an extra zone expander, a couple
> | of sirens and batteries.  When they used anything on a job or
> | service call they'd replace it from stock the next day.
> |
> | That's what worked for me.  YMMV
> | --
> |
> | Regards,
> | Robert L Bass
> |
> | Bass Burglar Alarms
> | The Online DIY Store
> | http://www.BassBurglarAlarms.com

---
Virus Database (VPS): 0603-0, 01/15/2006
Tested on: 1/14/2006 8:23:38 PM