Re: [rant] Missing sock syndrome

> As I say, problem with most of them is that they
> don't do much to "seal" the compartments when
> they're closed, and they tend to roll over easily.

When I was still installing I used to make up a "job box" for
each installation.  Included were all of the components except
cable.  I'd place all the contacts plus several spares in
resealable plastic bags.  Before the guys would start a new job
they would stop at the office and pick up the job box, a printed
copy of the "Schedule of Protection" from the contract and any
notes I'd made about the project.

When the job was finished they'd return the job box with any
unused components and pick up the next one.  The boxes were just
large, cardboard boxes we'd occasionally get from distributors.

Each technician also carried a kit with a few extra of each type
of contacts we used, a couple of extra motion detectors and one
of each model Napco keypad plus an extra zone expander, a couple
of sirens and batteries.  When they used anything on a job or
service call they'd replace it from stock the next day.

That's what worked for me.  YMMV
--

Regards,
Robert L Bass