Re: Best place to buy parts for those of us who don't have a dealers license ?

> I wouldn't send someone who doesn't understand the
> game though. I have a few clients that I send and they
> keep their mouths shut. Personally, I buy AC refrigeration
> and swimming pool parts, car parts etc. wholesale on
> their accounts we kinda swap favors.

I did have a problem with an ADI branch dealing with a customer
once.  The client ordered a complete system from my online store,
kept it past the 30-day grace period and then tried to return the
entire order, claiming "it didn't work."

I asked what parts he wanted to return and he listed, along with
part numbers he ordered from my online store, several items that
he got elsewhere.  When I saw that I contacted my local branch
and they investigated the matter for me.  They found that a
Massachusetts  branch near him had opened an account for him
after I allowed him to pick up his order there.

It turned out the customer bought replacements for the entire
system from ADI *after* installing what he bought from me.  I
told him he could return it to ADI and they would credit his new
account.  My branch manager then called corporate and complained
about them opening an account for the end user.  I have no idea
what they did about it... probably nothing.

--

Regards,
Robert L Bass

Bass Burglar Alarms