Re: Peanut butter and sticky stuff

> If you find sticky stuff on something, and you know that strong
> solvents, mineral spirits, etc., may mar the surface of that
> something, try peanut butter.  It's the oil in the pb that does the
> trick.  Especially good for motor oil/grease that gets on your
> fingernails, cuticles, etc.

Nice tip.  I'll have to try that some time.  Instead of peanut
butter, large grocery stores and most health food stores sell
peanut oil in bottles.  That should make cleanup even quicker.

It's also terrific with red snapper or Chilean sea bass.  Toss a
few capers and a teaspoon of fresh, chopped garlic in the pan and
braise for 4 minutes on each side.  Then pour 1/2 cup of water
into the skillet transfer the whole thing into a 450º over for a
few minutes until the fish breaks cleanly with a fork and the
meat is opaque.  Outstanding!

--

Regards,
Robert L Bass