Random speaker pop on NetworX home alarm

At least once per day, the speaker of our alarm system will emit a loud
pop.  It's just a single pop.  It sounds as if the speaker is releasing
a buildup of static electricity or something.  The systems is about 8
years old.  We've recently had the basement finished and they simply
built a frame around the control box.  I believe the proplem started
occuring after the basement was completed.  Any ideas what might cause
the pop?