Re: Random speaker pop on NetworX home alarm

MattJ wrote:
> At least once per day, the speaker of our alarm system will emit a loud
> pop.  It's just a single pop.  It sounds as if the speaker is releasing
> a buildup of static electricity or something.  The systems is about 8
> years old.  We've recently had the basement finished and they simply
> built a frame around the control box.  I believe the proplem started
> occuring after the basement was completed.  Any ideas what might cause
> the pop?

I'd tend to wonder if the workers rerouted any power wires near the
panel, speaker, or any interconnecting wiring, and if that power wire
runs something that draws a lot of power.

Try to figure out if the pop coincides with the switching on or off of
any appliances, such as the fridge, or an electric (baseboard) heater -
anything that could produce a voltage spike when toggling power.  It
doesn't even necessarily have to be something located near the affected
components; all it needs is for the power feed to that device passing
too close to the alarm components or wiring.

---
Virus Database (VPS): 0601-3, 01/06/2006
Tested on: 1/6/2006 8:23:06 PM