Re: Random speaker pop on NetworX home alarm

MattJ wrote:
> At least once per day, the speaker of our alarm system will emit a loud
> pop.  It's just a single pop.  It sounds as if the speaker is releasing
> a buildup of static electricity or something.  The systems is about 8
> years old.  We've recently had the basement finished and they simply
> built a frame around the control box.  I believe the proplem started
> occuring after the basement was completed.  Any ideas what might cause
> the pop?

Chances are your speaker is combination siren/driver and is supervised
by the alarm control panel.  This means that there's voltage on the
driver circuit.  The "pop" may or may not be "normal".  As with anything
electronic, you may have to replace the siren/driver unit.  What make
and model is your system's main control and how many siren's/speakers do
you have??