> > news:WIGLf.3319$VI6.806@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> >> Uh, yes it is.
> >
> > OK, if you say so.
> > <snerk>
> > js
> >

> I do.
> (snort)

See ........ wadid I tell ya.

I really wasn't trying to be " Ssssnnnide"

I was just tryin to tell ya that you were going to get the response
that yer gettin.

Now ...... I guess it's ok for me to follow suit.
X10 is typically made for the do it yourself market. You can even call
them and ask. They'll tell you the same thing. If you have any "real"
engineering back ground, that is "design" engineering, you'd know the
difference between a DIY designed product and a product that's designed
for professional installation. It's like the difference between paint
by number and going to school to learn how to be an artist. The results
doesn't look "THAT" bad but of course it's being judged by someone who
doesn't know what the "real" thing should look like. Being a
professioal engineer in one line doesn't necessarily mean you'd know
what a professionally installed alarm system would and should, do if
you've never had one or installed one. In short, X10 products are
simply a faux security system. It looks like it's ok to the untrained
eye. It may well serve YOUR purpose, but it would never serve the
purpose of someone who had expeienced having a professionally installed
system. There systems are designed by people who arent and never have
been in the security industry and are a best guess at what a system
should do. Professional systems do just about every thing you can think
of and much more.

Again. if it works for you ........ that's fine. But you'r dead wrong
about the quality, and performance of anything that X10 makes. Take it
from 36 years of experience in this trade. And obviously if it WAS
everything that you make it out to be, don't you think that everyone
would be using it?  It's cheap. Which seems to be you're overiding
reason for using it. That it is. But .... in fact, it's cheap because
it IS cheaply made. You can buy professional equipment for slightly
more yourself and get a lot better quality and reliability for the
money. And I mean YOU can buy it. Not from me installed. YOU buy it.
YOU install it. I'd think, as an engineer you'd want to use professioal
equipment rather than retail equipment, if you could.

But ........ to each his own.