Re: EOL's

Actually about 4 years old, very clean office enviro, no corrosion, bare
loop about 2 ohms.  If any of the above would have been different I would
have had a good suspect.  Again very strange.

> old age..harsh environment..corrosion?
> what did the wiring & switch measure out at without the resistor?

"In this group"  is the reason I put "Responsible comments requested" been
here too long to know otherwise.
One only could wish.