Re: X10? Any good? Need some advice.

"Papa" <bikingis@xxxxxx> wrote in message
news:rQGLf.455$6I.385@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

> So you are a so-called "professional", are you? Most professionals I know
> don't resort to name-calling. They don't have to. Apparently you do. Sorry
> pulled your chain, but if you are the typical home alarm system
> "professional", I sure am glad I did my own installation.
>
> By the way, people other than alarm installers are also reading this
thread.
> Just think what comments like yours can do to business.

First of all who's business. X-10's? I doubt alarman's comments will hurt
his business. However, any comments posted here, good or bad will hopefully
make others look at it without blinders and they don't fall for the first
piece of equipment, what ever it is, that they were sold on. Just because
something does work, doesn't necessarily mean it is the best or only way,
and more importantly the most secure. With your stand on X-10, why would you
even ask the question, as to, if it was any good. Sounds like you already
have an opinion. You either work for X-10 and are just testing the market,
own stock or just plain don't like to hear that you may have made a mistake
of choice. I personally  made a decision not to use the product, coming
immediately after attending an X-10 seminar where the unit actually blew up
in front of the whole class. Blown circuit and smoke everywhere. Don't need
the aggrevation. Was it an isolated incidence, probably. Did the instructor
screw up, who knows. The benefits simply don't outweigh the potential
consequences. You ask for some feed back, that is mine.