Re: Need Advice For Packaged Home Alarm Purchase

> Got a return call from Monitronics today.   They'll install a
> honeywell lynx system which replaces the ademco system.

That doesn't sound right.  Lynx is an Ademco product.  Honeywell
bought Ademco.  The other Ademco products are also part of the
Honeywell line.  What Ademco system are they claiming is being
replaced by the Lynx?

> The pricing was pretty good and monitoring fee starts at $26.00
> for burgalry and medical fire is , I think, is $3.00 more a month.

Fire signals typically make up less than 0.5% of all alarms.
There's no justification for charging an extra $3 per month for
monitoring fire.

> What's the verdict on the Honeywell Lynx System?

Unless they disable the on-board sounder and install a separate
keypad and siren, nix it.  The system can be defeated in a few
seconds before it ever gets a chance to report.

> Anybody know of Capital Defense security company?  They'll
> install the system.

They're the functional equivalent of an ADT "authorized dealer"
except that the monitoring is being done by Monitronix.  I know
of at least one Moni dealer who operated for years without a
license with Monitronix' full knowledge and consent.  During that
time the dealer ripped off hundreds of families in Connecticut.
He actually signed on with Protection 1 at first, just to get
Honeywell's distributor to sell to him (they at first refused as
he had no credentials and no experience).  Once he got in he
quickly switched to Moni where he was allowed to continue
defrauding people in CT until he skipped out.

Based on that dealers actions, of which Monitronix was fully
aware, I could not recommend them.

> I only got a rep's cell phone #.,  Will call back tomorrow
> and learn more about the company.

Be very careful.

--

Regards,