Re: Need Advice For Packaged Home Alarm Purchase

Robert L Bass wrote:

> They're the functional equivalent of an ADT "authorized dealer"
> except that the monitoring is being done by Monitronix.  I know
> of at least one Moni dealer who operated for years without a
> license with Monitronix' full knowledge and consent.  During that
> time the dealer ripped off hundreds of families in Connecticut.

Ummmm....  When exactly did you start your company in CT??  When did you
get your CT license??  How many years did *you* operate *without a
license*??  And who monitored your accounts in that time "with full
knowledge and consent"?

> He actually signed on with Protection 1 at first, just to get
> Honeywell's distributor to sell to him (they at first refused as
> he had no credentials and no experience).  Once he got in he
> quickly switched to Moni where he was allowed to continue
> defrauding people in CT until he skipped out.

And how exactly did you get ADI to sell to you??  Unlicensed!!  In Florida!

> Based on that dealers actions, of which Monitronix was fully
> aware, I could not recommend them.

Based on your own performance (both in the past and the present), I
wouldn't take anything you say as particularly meaningful or even "good
advice"...

>>I only got a rep's cell phone #.,  Will call back tomorrow
>>and learn more about the company.
>

> Be very careful.

I'm sure he will...