Re: Color code for home alarm wiring

> Why in all of these years do we use +12V and -12V?

You're right.  Technically it's wrong but that's the common usage
and people are used to seeing it that way -- knowing that the
intended meaning is "12VDC".

BTW, I get a kick out of people who ask, which wire is positive
when they're talking about an AC circuit.

--

Regards,
Robert L Bass

Bass Burglar Alarms
The Online DIY Store
http://www.BassBurglarAlarms.com

--

Never underestimate the power of very stupid people in large
groups.