Re: Color code for home alarm wiring

> I am building a new home and it comes standard with a alarm pre-wire.
> I have over 30 years experience with electronics, but not with alarms.
> I plan to buy a Power 832 or vista-20P and install it myself.  Could
> someone provide me the standard wiring color code, or point me to a
> web site.

For most systems the wiring is simple enough.  Using 22/4 solid
cable, red is +12V; black is -12V; white or yellow is zone return
and green is common.  Keypad runs are similar, except that green
and yellow (or white) are for data.

> Thanks for any help or advise, Bob T

You're welcome.  I have an online alarm store called
www.BassBurglarAlarms.com

--

Regards,
Robert L Bass

Bass Burglar Alarms
The Online DIY Store
http://www.BassBurglarAlarms.com

--

Never underestimate the power of very stupid people in large
groups.