Re: DSC 5020? 5200 power supply needed?

> I asked DSC tech support about that some time ago.  They said it
> is not recommended to draw more than 700mA from those terminals.
> I asked about the 3 Amp limit and they said that is for "brief
> periods".  Asked if a typical siren timeout of 4 minutes would be
> excessive the tech said yes.

Humm.. I wonder what else could draw that type a current and be "brief"?

> You should add the DSC auxiliary power supply to your system.
> That will give you more power and the ability to switch your
> powered outputs, nice for driving multiple sirens, strobes, etc.

Ok. I'm confused. The PC5200 seems to just have terminals for the
keybus, tamper, AC input and AUX output. So, I could split the aux
devices on the PC5020 (864)'s AUX and the PC5200 AUX but then that still
leaves the real problem which is the siren circuit. Would you use a
relay to switch the source power for the siren circuit from the 5200
power supply? Even with that I'd be over the maximum 1A current on the
5200. I really don't want to have to add two of these things.

Thanks,

-jr