Re: DSC 5020? 5200 power supply needed?

On Tue, 21 Feb 2006 04:40:06 GMT, James Russo
<jr@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> 	A couple of things jump out of the PC5020 installation manual at me.
> Can come of you with more experienced school a young guy?
>
> For the Fire Bell/Siren output it says "700 mA Maximum", but then in the
> text it says "current limit 3Amps". Can someone explain this one for me?
> Can you load it with more then 700mA output?

I asked DSC tech support about that some time ago.  They said it
is not recommended to draw more than 700mA from those terminals.
I asked about the 3 Amp limit and they said that is for "brief
periods".  Asked if a typical siren timeout of 4 minutes would be
excessive the tech said yes.

> Right now I am looking at about 1.2A (or 700mA on
> low-current for Elk-150RT), + 210mA for ELK-SL
> strobe, and 480mA for Elk-71 interior siren. So, total is 1.89A for
> siren output or 1.39 in a low-current setting.

You should add the DSC auxiliary power supply to your system.
That will give you more power and the ability to switch your
powered outputs, nice for driving multiple sirens, strobes, etc.

--

Regards,
Robert L Bass

Bass Burglar Alarms
The Online DIY Store
http://www.BassBurglarAlarms.com

--

Never underestimate the power of very stupid people in large
groups.