Re: ADT Sales Job???

On Sat, 4 Feb 2006 16:29:27 -0500, "nospam" <nospam@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>I am looking into becoming an ADT sales person.  I hear they have two
>separate divisions, one the residential and the other, small business.  Can
>anyone tell me if the promises I have been told are true, or is it all bull?
>I hear 45,000 your first year is realistic.  Is this true?  Are leads
>provided?  Any help with my decision would be a great help.  Thank you!

ADT has several  sales divisions including residential, small
business, core commercial, national retail accounts, national
commercial/ industrial accounts, and federal systems.

Residential and small biz are high volume sales jobs with
commission-only compensation  plans.  Your income depends on your
results.  I know resi salespeople who make 100K a year.  However $40K
or $50K a year is realistic for someone that is making quota.  Most
salespeople in these divisions don't make it and turnover tends to be
high.  ADT provides a decent stream of leads.  However, successful
salespeople generate their own leads.

The core commerical sales department is the first level B2B sales
position usually requiring a college degree and/or previous
professional sales experience.  These reps sell to locally based
midsize to large businesses in most any industry.  A good percentage
of the sales in this division come from non-alarm technologies such as
access control and video systems.

ADT's national accounts and federal system sales divisons employee
account managers with prior experience in big ticket B2B sales and/or
management experience in the industry they are selling to.  A very
high percentage of ADT's revenue comes from these national account and
government contracts.