Re: ADT Sales Job???

"nospam" <nospam@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:jsaFf.1157$NR.880@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
> This would be working directly for ADT though one of it's field offices
> that services a specific teritory and market.  I am leaning towards the
> residential market, but I am open to any suggestions.

ADT Corporate Sales and Service Offices have one sales force divided into
several Categories and sub-categories:

Residential Regular Sales
Resi Resale
-Some SSO's pass these "Resi" sales to an "authorized dealer" to install

Core Commercial Sales
Core Commercial Resale
National Accounts

Small Business Sales
Small Business Resale

Usually, Small Business and Core Commercial are installed by local SSO
personnel- in our SSO, they are IBEW union installers & svc. techs. Some
small business accounts are done by "high volume" installers who get paid
piecework and rush through it. Small Business has a much higher customer
turnover than Core Commercial.

Our SSO turned over all resi stuff to our in-house "dealer" company who
installed those. They are good folks, but like all subs, they get paid by
volume, so quality is not as good as the Com'l union techs. Resi customer
turnover is also very high. Residential sales works lots of evening and
Saturdays. A good resi or resi resale rep can make 60-80k, but you will be
working A LOT.

Core Commercial has less turnover, bigger income potential, and is very
difficult to learn well. Core Commercial Resale is the easiest job in the
building (IMO), but income is limited by the amount of accounts available to
reconnect. If your SSO has just gotten started with CC Resale, it can be
very lucrative in the short term. Long-term, expect to make $45-50k/yr if
you work smart, and upsell well. Although CC Resale is easy, knowing the CC
systems takes time and patience. There's a lot to learn with Com'l, but the
payoff is worth it. The hours are better, too, since large businesses are
usually 9-5 M-F.

Our reps made about $45k/yr at quota, but some reps made more, especially if
they were very knowledgable and good salespeople. We had a few- mostly Core
Commercial Reps- who made $80k/yr or more. We had a high turnover- less than
half of salespeople hired could make quota within a year. The successful
ones tend to feed each other leads- networking within the company is very
important. For instance, our highest producing Core Com'l person traded
leads with 2 or 3 Small Business reps. The company provides a few leads, but
90% of your sales will come from producing your own- you can't make it on
company leads alone.