Re: CP-01

Without a word of a lie Jim, ADT is my best single source of customers.
I do from 5 to 7 takeovers a month. I'm not very familiar with how they
program, because I usually just default and reprogram (or in the case
of Ademco equipment, I yank the old and re-install another panel - or
walk away in some cases). But I do know they use a 30 second delay
which I personally agree with you on, that it is far too long. I been
told by customers that often the motions are programmed as entry delay
to allow the client to shut it off , when say he incorrectly fully arma
the system while in the house rather than "stay" arming it properly...

The increase in ADT customers coming my way has jumped lately due to
their inability or unwillingness to reprogram locally for the ten digit
dialing now required. In some ways, I feel for them !! After years of
buying up small companies, they find themselves with thousands of older
panels that either can't be uploaded, or can't even be reprogrammed
since the equipment to do so no longer exists. They seem to be
suggesting to clients to either pay through the nose to upgrade their
equipment, or sometimes they'll just leave things "hanging", such that
the client decides on his own that his only real option to having any
kind of service at all is to jump ship. Stupid way to operate if you
ask me, but that's how it often seems to play out (seems no one has
told them it's far cheaper to keep a client than find a new one....).
But...hey...their loss is everyone else's gain....

I used to worry about talking about their weaknesses on the internet in
case someone from the company actually cared enough to take action to
correct things. Seems a pointless concern these days...

Didn't know about the fire panic though....

RHC