Re: Remote car start via phone?

"Matt Ion" <soundy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:EnoFg.422264$iF6.409047@xxxxxxxxxxx
mikey wrote:
> I'm sure the engine warms up everything connected to it sooner or later.
My
> postion is that everything should warm up at the same RATE. Not a good
idea
> to have a warm motor pushing a cold car, wheel bearings, axle, dif,
tranny,
> whatever.

So either you take off right away so you have a COLD motor pushing a cold
drivetrain, or you let the thing warm up for half an hour.

I see no logic at all to your "position".  WHY is it "not a good idea to
have a
warm motor pushing a cold car, etc..."?

My answer to ALL this silliness is again to point out that almost every
modern
car manufacturer recommends a start-and-go procedure and not allowing the
car to
warm up more than 30 seconds in normal circumstances... seems to me they
know a
damn site more about how their products will best respond than any of the
pundits in these groups.

Your answer is the same as mine. I might go a step further and suggest
warming the fluids
is a good idea, certainly better than idling the motor but I'm saying the
same thing,
start everything working at the same time, take off, just take it easy and
all gets warmed up
at about the same rate.. but then again, its JUST AN OPINION.