Re: Doing research on locked up Alarm panel Phenomena

It is a line switch module, the communicator is still the same one on the
832.

I shall provide a simple example :-

Company A has two telephone lines. TEL1 is a voice line and TEL2 is a FAX
line. You install a 832 + 5700 and under normal condition, everything is
fine. Whe TEL1 failed, the 5700 switches TEL2 to the 832, and guess what ?
The R1 & T1 of the 832 feeds the phones in the company, meaning all fax
calls are coming thru on the telephone set instead of going to the fax
machine. Many people did not believe me when I told them that, until they
set one up and ran some tests themselves.