ESP "Infinite" Wireless Security Alarm

Just bought one of these alarm systems. I want to use it purely and simply
as a burglar alarm, ie, no GSM, no "Central Station" monitoring and no X10
Home Automation.

The kit came with 3 wireless PIRs and none of them seem to detect movement.
Each PIR has a jumper that can be set to "walk test" mode and there's a red
LED that should come on when movement is detected. About every 4 minutes the
LED flashes twice as the PIR sends an "I'm alive and here" signal back to
the control unit but it just doesn't light up when you move.

The control unit is in the hallway with the zone 1 PIR mounted above it and
the unit reports Zone 1 PIR as signal strength 9, status OK. Zones 2 & 3
PIRs are reported as signal strength 7, status OK.

As I said, none of the PIRs do anything except their 4-minute "check-in"
with the control unit. Seems strange that all 3 should be faulty but that's
what it looks like, unless anyone here can put me right.

Actually, to be more precise, I have the system set to "chime" when a
detector
triggers until I get it all installed properly and while I was typing out
this message  the hallway detector was triggered twice. It seems that the
detectors *will* detect movement, but only *once* in the 4-minute period
between "check-in" signals.

Any ideas anyone?

Cheers,

John.