Re: Casement Windows

alarman said:

>If the customer is willing to pay for the screens, a
>zone expander or two is a drop in the bucket. Now screens are alone on a
>zone, and I don't have to sweat the tamper threat.

The downside to building the EOLR into the screen is that it complicates
troubleshooting.  When you meter the resistance in an EOL screen, you might
have a reading of 1050 ohms.  Is it good or bad?  Who knows, due to the
tolerance of the resistor.  On the other hand, if you meter a small non-EOL
screen and you read 50 ohms, you know the screen is bad.

Granted, if you have only one screen per zone, you've narrowed down the
problem somewhat. :-)

There's also the risk that when you update the system in ten years, the
EOLs will be the wrong value for new panel you wanted to use.

- badenov