Re: Casement Windows

news:1154753817.239101.73500@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> That would be good if there was only one casement window on each zone
> or someone just happened to pick the one window, in the zone, that had
> the resistor in it. I think that most people (including me) don't put
> one (casement) window on a zone. I usually put a room ( if there's only
> a few windows in the room) on a zone. And the "messing with the wires"
> I'm talking about are not the wires imbeded in the screen, I'm talking
> about the wires going to the plug or whatever, that connects to the
> screen. I once had a system bypassed by someone doing this to the
> screened window in the in the master bath room. Thankfully I had a
> motion detector in the adjoining master bedroom. It was done by a
> neighbors kid who thought he knew the system.
>
> I  guess if a client started out during the estimate stage,  insisting
> that they be able to ventilate their casement windows, each window
> could be wired seperately, but that would add even more to the price
> and make it that much more of a detriment to the sale. If they were
> willing to pay the price, then .... why not. But, here in the
> northeast, it's always too much to pay just to leave the windows open
> for a few weeks out of the year.

I put multiple windows in the same room on the same zone, but not when I use
alarm screens anymore. If the customer is willing to pay for the screens, a
zone expander or two is a drop in the bucket. Now screens are alone on a
zone, and I don't have to sweat the tamper threat. We leave windows open a
lot down here. You're right about the wireless though, the eol only works
for h/w unless you're using a xmtr with eol capability. The ones I use
don't.
js