Vinyl Window / Slider Contact Placement

If anyone in this group can help me I would apprecaite it.  I have vinyl
windows and a vinyl slider in my home.  I am about to put up the window and
door contacts for a security system but need some advice.

Now, on vinyl windows I am assuming that I can't screw in the contacts.
They would ruin the windows and I would be out of luck.  However, is it
acceptable to use some sort of 3M double contact tape to affix say the
transmiter to the window frame (Which is also vinyl) and then use the same
tape to affix the magnet to the actual window that is sliding back and
forth?

I have seen the type of wireless contacts that you can drill into a frame
and then the magnet piece is drilled into the door.  I will use this type on
my front door which is wood but am I mising something here on vinyl windows?
Thanks for any input.

Joe