Re: 2 more alarm Alarm Companys lying to customers

ABLE_1 wrote:
> Nick,
>
> Please help me to understand.  It is a Cable Phone System that is NOT
> VoIP??  Then what is it??  Are you saying that the Cable Company also has a
> standard Baby Bell that produces a standard Dial Tone??  Or is it something
> else.
>
> Please enlighten me.
>
> Les

Not all cable is VOIP.  Read the cable's tech specs and see if it says
VOIP or just DIGITAL phone service.

Nick, the sales guys must have been told they offer digital phone
service and with their lack of technical training, they just assumed it
was VOIP beacuse thats all they know.  They are trained to sell phone
service, not explain the technical facts of what it is or how it works.
 It's just like TV.  We all know what a regualar over-the-air signal is
all about, but how many salespeople tell people that digital is HDTV?
HDTV is digital but Digital is not automatically HDTV.  Get my meaning?