Re: 2 more alarm Alarm Companys lying to customers

Nick Markowitz wrote:
> Have Seen 2 good ones this week in Pittsburgh.
> Was at a pastors home hooking up his computers to his new cable modem and he
> got the cable  companys phone service and the cable salesman told him that
> most panels did not work on the cable companys telephone network. Of course
> the security company that they own does. Went out to the truck brought in a
> lynx fired it up on sevral different formats and they all worked on test
> acct at central station.
> Salesman of course had nothing but excuses for lying about what he said .
> Needless to say all the pastors niehbors on the streeet that bought the
> horse shit line of this saleman are going to be firing the alarm company the
> cable company owns when there contracts come up on renewal by certified
> letter. since they were lied to.
>
> 2nd case construction contractor i sub contract  fire alarm work to
> had his fire panel damaged by a surge. Techs came in from company that did
> original install said panel was hit by lightning and pointed at some wires.
> sales man for company came by to estimate fire panel replacement and told
> the construction company owner he would have to totally upgrade system as
> this is what the twp and new state codes required. Realy  I called
> twp and state and since system was not required in first place and was
> voluntary all they had to do was replace panel or if they chose eliminate
> system all together.Unless there insurance carrier wanted it in place.
> needless to say they changed panel at a cost of $1250.00 and saved
> $15,000.00 they were quoted by original alarm company and original company
> will no longer be given any further buisness .
>
> There is more than enough work for every one in the Pittsburgh area that
> wants it and why companys continue to indoctrinate there techs and sales
> people to lie is beyond me all they are doing is hurting there own bottom
> line by spewing out lies and un truths.
> --
> Nick Markowitz Jr.
> Owner
> Markowitz Electric Protection
> Private Industry Fire Investigator.
> Qualified Electrical- Fire Alarm Contractor

Only if they get caught and unfortunately, they don't get caught often
enough.

I place it in the same category as dry wall installers and carpet
installers. They cut, pull, short, bury the wires and there's nary a
one of them who ever seems to realize what they do wrong.  Reason??
Because by the time their 'Handywork" is discovered, they're long gone
and been paid. They never suffer the consequences of having their
income affected as a result of their lack of skill, or concern.

I've seen the same thing as you mentioned lots of times. I think it
stems from the fact that these companies think that their customer is
going to trust them and not go out and look for another opinion. ......
so .... they see a way to make a killing.