Re: wierd surge damage?

<snip>

>>and some breakers. Lightning hits the ground, goes through the ground
>about 20 feet and into a neighbours barn. Comes up out of the ground,
>kills a horse and shoots out the opposite side of the barn.

>That happened 20 years ago and I'm still amazed everytime I think of
>it.

I had one similar in Australia about 8 years ago.
Lightning hit tree outside pub, went to ground, came back up in pub and blew
almost everything electronic in the building, including the bands equipment
that were playing at the time. Threw one band member clean off the stage.
Amazingly, no-one hurt.

Paul Ekins

Linc Secure