Re: Two....

It is possible to do most of what you want but in my opinion it is not a
good practice to mix access and security functions.  Before I get flamed
here let me explain.  Even though the NX-8V2 is one system you would be far
better off allowing the readers to give access by unlocking the doors but
use a keypad to disarm the system.

Also you should be aware that the NX1700E's functions are limited and not
true access control devices because GE has other product lines that do the
access control realm of the world.  You must think of the readers as a
simple way to allow some one to enter the building or pass thru an interior
door with out a brass key.

The reader can be programmed to read the card/fob in three different mode.
One Scan,
Two Scan and Hold.  In theory, since I have not done it yet, you can have a
reader perform three different functions when a card/fob in presented.
Because of this I stay away from the confusion.  I do like the KISS method.

I presently have 2 NX-8E systems installed one with 12 readers and the other
with 4 readers.  System works great and the customers are happy.

Hope that helps in some way.

Les