Two....

Greetings again.  This group has been a godsend in the past in helping
me figure out problems, so here are two more:

One:  A three door access control solution using only a NX-8V2 panel
and a bunch of relays.  This system is supposed to use 3 NX-1700E card
readers for arming, disarming, and access control, plus release all mag
in the event of a fire alarm sent from a seperate system.  I think I've
got all the wiring issues figured out, but I've never seen any access
control options in the NX 8 panel except in DL900... anyone ever done
this before or have any advice before I really screw this up? (besides
taking a bat to my boss's head for selling this system this way... I've
already got that ready to go...)

Two:  Tempest DVR's..... can't say anything else except that I hate
them and my boss keeps selling them because they are cost-efficient.
Admittedly on the most part they work fine for smaller jobs involving 4
to 12 cameras... but we've got 2 in a bank, each recieving 16 cameras,
recording on motion 24/7.  And the damn things keep failing in one way
or another.  Whether it's the system freezing when you try to burn
video to a CD or random restarts... these things have driven us up the
wall...  You couldn't ask for a better environment: temp controlled
server room, HUGE APC power backup and surge protection....

I suppose my question with this one is: is there another DVR out there
in the same price range as a Tempest that can do the same but more
reliably?

Thanks again for all your help guys... Look forward to hearing from you.