Re: Remote car start via phone?

In article <5ooCg.356228$iF6.103227@pd7tw2no>, Matt Ion <soundy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>GregS wrote:
>> In article <1w3Cg.348081$iF6.315343@pd7tw2no>, Matt Ion
> <soundy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>>>Another thing to consider: almost all modern car manufacturers recommend NOT
>>>warming up your car for more than 30 seconds before driving.
>>

>> I read a few posts about warming up. Nothing seems to be really informative,
> or dangerous.
>> These seem to be accepted generalizations.
>>
>> Idling for a while is good, to get the oil going.
>
>That's the "conventional wisdom" but keep in mind, most cars today are using
>much lighter multigrade oils (5W-30) than back in the day when everyone just
>used straight 30-weights.  They don't need to "warm up" to flow properly.
>
>> Car companies and media are likely to recommend anything that
>> improves immisions or fuel economy.
>
>Funny, I'd have thought the car companies would be all about wasting fuel. :P

I forget what year it was. The Feds used to have a thing going where every year the
car companies were suppose to decrease fuel consumption. They quit doing that one
year probably back in the 80's. Supposed to boost the economy. I think it boosted foreign car sales.
Well now, the average size of vehicles is way too high.

grge