Re: Remote car start via phone?

In article <UrxCg.358608$iF6.207862@pd7tw2no>, Frank Olson <Use_the_email_links@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>GregS wrote:
>
>> Might run longer, but much less wear than stepping on the gas, and much
>> less air flowing through the converter. I thinks its universaly agreed that
>> the oil should warm up before serious torque is applied.
>
>It's called "Mobile One".  It's a synthetic motor oil.  I use it in all
>our vehicles.  The greatest engine wear occurs when you first start a
>"cold" engine (one that has been sitting idle for long periods).  This
>stuff reduces that to practically nil.  I also use their synthetic
>transmission fluid.  I have a 1968 Buick Skylark that still purrs like a
>kitten and lays about 100 feet of rubber on the one-two shift.  She's
>got a 455ci long block with Bosch ignition, Hooker headers, and a Holley
>carb.

I started using Mobil1 in my 280Z in 77. It used to leak out the head gasket.
I used it for some 25K miles. In the process the family aquired a Pontiac station wagon.
It was used and had a Mobil1 sticker inside. We continued to use Mobil1
for quite a while. The engine finally ran out of steam. My brother took off the heads. He
never saw so much sludge in an engine. I'm not saying it was Mobil1's fault, but
the stuff sure didn't clean it up. Starting cold Mobil1 will probably all sink down
into the oil pan, and will need more time to get all through the system.

I still have the Z, 67K miles.
I used to be able to buy Mobile1 and Z parts at Montgomery Wards.

greg