Re: Choices for Temperature and Water alarms -- PLEASE COMMENT

"blueman" <NOSPAM@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
| Thanks -- a couple of clarify questions/comments inserted below inline...
| "Crash Gordon" <webmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:
| > Welp here's how I did a Wine Temp Sensor with an XR200.
| >
| > Zone Name - Wine Temp
| > Type - Aux1
|
| Have you ever tried Aux2?
| It seems that Aux2 has the "feature" of not alarming immediately, but
| instead waiting until "Zone Retard Delay Time" which might avoid
| problems with momentary transients (e.g, with a water sensor if some
| water splashes onto it or something).

I have, but I don't remember the circumstances or the result :-)...I've been
using dmp for 12 years so I've probably messed with every feature.

| > Partition - 1
| > Area - Perimeter
|
| My alarm also offers the option of "-". What does that mean?
| Also, in your setup is it really irrelevant what you use for "Area"
| since your setup for DO/DS is the same as AO/AS?

- means nothing is in that entry.

| > DO Message - Alarm
| > DO Output - 0
| > DO Output Action - None
| > DS Message - Trouble
|
| I'm not sure I understand what "Trouble" means and how it is used here.
| Isn't the normal, untriggered condition "DS/AS" -- if so why do you
| want to signal a "Trouble" condition when the circuit is shorted
| (appropriately).

I just want a trouble sounder, not the siren...and I don't want to dispatch
PD, I want CS to follow special instructions for a trouble on this zone.

| Or does DS mean that there is no series resistor and the circuit is
| fully shorted?
|

| > DS Output - None
| > DS Output Action - Steady
| > AO Message - Alarm
| > AO Output - 0
| > AO Output Action - Steady
| > AS Message - Trouble
| > AS Output - 0
| > AS Output Action - Steady
| >
| > The output stuff is meaningless, their for controlling relays.
|
| If "AO Output" and "AO Output Action" refer to the relay status, how
| does one specify when and whether the alarm itself is triggered?
|
| > Supervisory may work for you too, but it won't clear until the
room/refrig
| > goes back to normal temp...which may be annoying.
|
| Isn't that a "feature"? Don't you want to know that there still is a
| problem until it is corrected?

Possibly, but it would be really annoying for the homeowner to have to
completely dry up all the water or wait for the refrig to cool down before
they could shut up the sounder. In some situations yes...like maybe a
commercial freezer.