Ademco Vista 15

Hi,

I have an Ademco Vista 15 alarm system installed in my house. However,
seem to be having some minor problems with the system, which I'm sure
have a solution, however, not that I've been able to figure out.

The first problem, which is the 'most critical', we don't subscribe to
phone line here. (We also don't subscribe to monitoring). We do however
subscribe to Dry DSL (internet over the phone line). This means our
phone line has a dialtone, however, any phone number which is dialed,
results in a fast busy signal. This seems to confuse the system, thus
causing it to attempt to dial repeatedly. Since a RJ31X jack has been
used, this disconnects all the phones in the house, including the
internet, thus our internet is continously dropping offline. I have
unplugged the system from the RJ31X jack, which solves that problem,
however, the alarm system is then displaying "FC" on the 6128
fixed-word
keypads. Also, at random time frames, the keypads start beeping for no
reason until the code is typed in, followed by the "Off" button to turn
the system off.. This only happens with the phone line disconnected,
even though the system is not armed.

In reading the "Installation and Setup Guide" I noticed there was a
setting to disable the phone line monitor ( *92 0). However, apparently
these settings can only be accessed using the "System Installer Code"
which I do not know. Is there a way to reset this code back to the
defaults? Also, apparently the programming requires a "2 line alpha
keypad" (6139) which I do not own. Is there a way to order one of
these? And if so, roughly how much should they cost? Or, better yet, is
there a
way to program the system via computer, through, say, a serial cable?

Also, I'm unsure if the installer code is the default code, or some
other code, so is there a way to check this without purchasing the "2
line alpha keypad" ?

Finally, as a long term project, I'd like to be able to link the system
to my computer, through, ideally a serial cable, and write my own
software to do the monitoring, and allow specific usercodes to disable
specific zones, etc. I was wondering if there was any interface on the
system that would allow me to hookup a cable, and monitor the various
events such as users disarming the system or zone's being open, etc.
and, if so, what type of cable would be required to make the connection
or, is there a pinout of somesort so I could make my own cable?

I suppose failing an output that would allow me to connect to the
computer, I may just end up  removing the Vista-15 panel, and connect
the various detection devices directly to serial/parallel port,
however, I'd like to avoid this.

I appreciate your time, and look forward to any responses. I've
recapped
the questions in point form below to make replying a  little easier.
Thanks.

- How to disable "Phone Line Monitor"
- How to reset "System Installer code", or check if code is still
default, using the 6128 fixed-word keypad
- Where to order "2 line alpha keypad" (Part 6139) or compatible, and
approximate price?
- Is it possible to connect to the system via computer, through, serial
cable, or any other cable?
- If possible to connect to computer, and, if so, what type of cable,
or a pinout of somesort to make my own cable?

Thanks again.