Re: Ademco Vista 15

> Also, at random time frames, the keypads start beeping for no
> reason until the code is typed in, followed by the "Off" button to turn
> the system off.. This only happens with the phone line disconnected,
> even though the system is not armed.

Hrm, I'm unsure if this is the same problem, or another unrelated
problem, however, twice last night I was awoken by the alarm beeping at
me. I did however notice that pressing ANY key (doesn't need the code
to be typed in) will stop the beeping. I also noticed the word "BAT" is
now lit up on the display, thus I believe the battery is probably
failing, and the beeping is it's way of indicating that to me. Also,
just checked the user manual, and rapid keypad beeping indicates, among
other things, a low battery. (The other options do not apply to me.)
Since I have no intentions of replacing the battery (I'm planning to
use the alarm system more as a 'toy' for at least the immediate future,
thus it really doesn't matter if there is no battery backup), is there
a way to disable the beeping low-battery alert?

The manual simply says to press "Off" (1) to turn it off, however, that
only turns it off for the time being, a few hours later, it's doing the
job of my alarm clock again, but earlier than I'd like. :)

Thanks again.