Re: Ademco Vista 15

On 21 Aug 2006 14:16:11 -0700, "Tim" <topsoil@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

You don't need a 6139 or 6160 to do basic changes, it's really for
zone programming where you need it.

>- How to reset "System Installer code", or check if code is still
>default, using the 6128 fixed-word keypad

First power the system down completely (AC and Batt.)
Power system back up.
Go to the keypad and hold * and # together within 50 seconds
you're now in program mode

Change installer code:
*20 + new 4 digit code

>- How to disable "Phone Line Monitor"

We will disable the TLM AND the cental station info:

Clear primary phone number *41*
clear secondary phone (just in case) *42*
clear account number *43*
clear account number 2 *44*
Disable TLM *92 + 0

Exit programming *99

>- Where to order "2 line alpha keypad" (Part 6139) or compatible, and
>approximate price?

Anywhere online *except* Bass Burglar Alarms.  He's a rotten crook.

>- Is it possible to connect to the system via computer, through, serial
>cable, or any other cable?
>- If possible to connect to computer, and, if so, what type of cable,
>or a pinout of somesort to make my own cable?

You can connect to the system via Compass software, but it's only for
programming and remote operation.  A special modem is required, and
it's really not worth the effort for an end-user.  The software is
supposed to be for installers only.

NOTE:
Enter programming from now on by typing <new installer code> + 800

-Graham