Re: NextAlarm/Abbra/DIY Question

Robert L Bass <sales@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in
news:n2vq329kg07liq9a22v1uo1f8k0les26j8@xxxxxxx:

>> Are there some alt.security.alarms readers currently using [or
>> working for :-) ]nextalarm.com who can provide comments or guidance?
>> Experiences with their broadband backup? Also, any opinions on the
>> Abbra system (Visionic Powermax +) and alternatives would be
>> appreciated.

I currently have a hardwired DSC panel (864) That I installed myself about
2 years ago. I have been using Next Alarm for that same period of time. I
do not however use the broadband back-up feauture. I use the POTS
connection as I do not consider an internet connection of any type
reliable. As far as next alarm goes I have had no problems. I have had 1
attempted break in in the 2 years in service and the police were dispatched
within a timely manner, No one was apprehended however it did scare them
away and Next Alarm called me on my cellphone and let me know the police
were at my residence and would remain there until I arrived to re-secure
the premises. Also everytime I accidently set off the alarm, They call
almost immediately. In my opinion, Next Alarm is worth a lot more than I
pay for it.

Kevin