Re: NextAlarm/Abbra/DIY Question

> Are there some alt.security.alarms readers currently using [or working
> for :-) ]nextalarm.com who can provide comments or guidance?
> Experiences with their broadband backup? Also, any opinions on the
> Abbra system (Visionic Powermax +) and alternatives would be
> appreciated.

I don't work with or for NextAlarm.  However, a number of my DIY customers are
using them and so far the few comments I've received about the company have been
favorable.

BTW, they do have a contract.  It's just not as long as nor as costly as ADT's
deal.  For those who want a professionally installed system, ADT corporate (not
the "authorized dealers") is likely a good choice.  There are also plenty of
competent, independent alarm dealers in most metro areas.  Stay clear of the
"free" system deals.  They almost always cost much more than a straight forward
purchase.

--

Regards,
Robert L Bass

Bass Burglar Alarms
The Online DIY Store
http://www.BassBurglarAlarms.com

--

Never underestimate the power of very stupid people in large groups.