Re: Laptop Serial Adaptor

"Robert L Bass" <sales@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:mo8t32pru1aj3cvp1v5dt243ju8sfbtu4r@xxxxxxxxxx
> > Ok.. we had a conversation on here the other day about
> > the fact that most new laptops don't have serial ports.
>
> If you were using Napco this would be a non-issue, Bob.  They make a USB
> port-to-panel connector for their software.  Plug it in, tell the software
what
> you're using and you're off.

You are getting forgetful in your old age.  I am using Napco panels mostly.
I was not aware there was a USB to panel adaptor.  Of course that won't work
with panels that don't have a jack, but I program most of those from the
keypad anyway.  I'll get ahold of my rep and ask about one right away.

Still need that serial port for other stuff though.

--
The Security Consultant
Bob La Londe - Owner

(928)782-9765 ofc