Laptop Serial Adaptor

Ok.. we had a conversation on here the other day about the fact that most
new laptops don't have serial ports.  There are USB serial adaptors (I have
one) but I hear they don't work with all software.  I currently use a couple
old Toshiba laptops I got from usedlaptops.com several years ago that do
have serial ports, but I got to thinking about options.

Somebody mentioned that there are PCMCIA to serial cards so I checked one of
my vendors and found this one.
http://www.gocna.com/contents/media/87-513t.jpg

Looks like just the ticket except its relatively expensive at $205.00

Any others out there that might be a little more economical and work well.
I would really like to start using newer laptops for stuff so that I can
integrate better laptops with more services in the field.

--
Bob La Londe - Webmaster
www.YumaBassMan.com

Tornament Director