Re: Thinking of installing myself...

I could not have said it better myself. The "specialized skills" are not
something that can be taught, finesse can only be gained through experience.

In the area of California that I worked in (and grew up in), new homes of a
specific square footage or larger, or multi-family dwellings are required to
be sprinkled, and in some jurisdictions those sprinkler systems are required
to be monitored. When I was in the field, the AHJ and the inspectors were a
large part of our contracting.

--
Careful with that axe, Eugene