Re: False alarms

Norm,
IF these ordinances are in play then why are we still wrong more times
than right?
The City of Mount Vernon thinks the solution is a fine. Fines don't
work, and never will.
I also made clear that the City either needs to work with us in efforts
to reduce false alarms, and increase police response time, or they need
to quit bellyaching about it.
Being as I am not employed by SIAC, FARA, nor the NBFAA I didn't feel
the need to contact them BEFORE I spoke, but reps from the NYBFAA, and
RAA, are aware of my comments, and neither found my comments to be
negative.
Maybe you don't have companies mailing alarm systems out in your area,
or companies that will take over any system, regardless of it's
condition, but up here we have those problems, and they add to the
false alarm issue.
My first concern is for my customers, and I don't need the local cops
taking until Saint Swivens Day to respond because they think it's
another bogus alarm.
What I believe is unprofessional is how our industry never accepts
blame for false alarms. Nobody ever admits to installing inferior
equipment, yet you can buy it at any local supply house. Nobody ever
admits to offering clients little to no training. Nobody ever admits to
a damn thing.
Well then how the hell do these people wind up with shitty systems they
know nothing about?
Where do all of the single tech motions come from? I believe that
identifying the problems, and eliminating them will do a far better job
of protecting our industry than the company line of deny deny deny.
It is our fault if the system is poorly designed.
It is our fault if the system is poorly installed.
It is our fault if we continue to provide service to abusive customers.
It is our fault if we use low rate central stations who don't verify.
It is our fault if we install or monitor cheap equipment.
False alarms are a huge problem in our industry and all I am saying is
we need to pony up and accept some blame for it.
If you disagree then you disagree. I don't expect alot of people to
agree with me but it doesn't mean I am wrong. The numbers don't lie,
and asking the local government to work towards a solution other than a
fine is not a crime.
Please tell what "gross mistatements" I made?
Thanks for replying.