Re: Bad Alarm Installation Pictures

Another one I wish I had taken pictures of...
Was doing a takeover years ago on an install originally put in by a fly
by night company called Homestead Security. I think they started in
Milwaukee, and branched out into the midwest.
A DSC 1550(?) control mounted 6 inches from the front door. Surface
mount contact on the front door, keypad on the control panel door,
motion mounted 1 foot above the control, siren another foot above that,
all wires stapled next to each other like railroad tracks on the wall.
Another wire stapled along the baseboards the length of the house for
the backdoor. Up and around all the door frames as it went.
There was an RJ jack, but he just ran the red & green. No seizure. And
no backup battery in the panel. The cust recalled the installer telling
her it was normal for the trouble light to be on all the time.