Re: Thinking of installing myself...

news:1143951510.329775.232080@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

> Robert L Bass wrote:
> > On Fri, 31 Mar 2006 23:01:23 -0500, Mike Sokoly <secure15@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

> > Note that most independent alarm installing companies do not operate
their own
> > central stations.  The work is farmed out to large, regional central
stations
> > (aka "third party monitoring" companies).  The CS charges the dealer
anywhere
> > from $2 to $7 a month for their services.

To bad someone doesn't post what you buy your equipment for and than the
markup. Or that you actually sell things you received for free. I understand
that your margins are getting less and less however. hey hey hey!!!!

  The CS usually provides the dealer
> > with professionally drawn contracts which protect both dealer and CS
from
> > liability if they screw up.  Some will accept the dealer's own contract
if it
> > has the proper verbiage.  The dealers then resell the service which
costs them
> > $2-7 a month for anywhere between $20 and $40 a month to the public.

What a pretty picture you paint. If it was so profitable, why did you get
out? Is the unsuspecting DIYer market an easier pinch, simply **more**
profitable or that is it a convicted felon can only work behind the scenes.