Re: Insurance question for small business owners

> Why would a monitoring station care one way or
> another if you have insurance?  Your insurance
> won't cover them anyway as it would only cover
> you and what you did...

He knows that.  It was just another mindless flame from the
Milford Mugger.

> And they cannot by law require you to name them
> as an additional insured in your policy because you
> have no control over their business and/or their
> operations.

Interesting point.  I never heard that but among the entire three
central stations (other than my own) with which I've done
business, none required insurance of any type whatsoever.  They
all *do* require that your monitoring contract contains
appropriate verbiage to protect them against third party claims
in case they or you screw something up.  Most contract CS will
supply their dealers with a 3-party monitoring agreement.  I
converted Alarm Central's agreement into a PDF form that can be
electronically signed and e-mailed both to me and them by the
client.

> I'm sure they would like somebody else to
> insure them but thats just wishful thinking.

Stop making so much sense in ASA.  You will be flamed for years
if you persist.  :^)

--

Regards,
Robert L Bass